Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Map of Vietnamese Sandwich Shops in SF Bay Area


Some gentleman has started making a Google map of all the Bahn Mi Vietnamese sandwich shops in the SF Bay Area.

Bánh mì (the real name for Vietnamese sandwich) is a sandwich in a baguette type bread and made up of thinly sliced pickled carrots and daikon, onions, cucumbers, cilantro, jalapeño peppers and meat or tofu. Popular bánh mì fillings include roasted or grilled pork, Vietnamese ham, paté, mayonnaise, chicken, and head cheese. Definition roughly taken from Wikipedia.

Kudos fellow sandwich lover. I didn't know you could make your own custom maps in Google. I want to do my own too! Maybe I should do a map of Donut shops I've been to. Now I want a Vietnamese sandwich!... but not the head cheese one.

2 comments:

  1. The map sounded like a great idea, until I clicked over and it gave me a map of the Burlingame Goodwill. I have to say, the banh mi sandwiches at Goodwill are horrible. But then I clicked the link again, and it gave me a real list of restaurants, ftw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, sorry, this is Lilly. Found this blog from Facebook.

    ReplyDelete